View Single Post
  #4 (permalink)  
Old May 13, 2010, 04:46 PM
Arinoth's Avatar
Arinoth Arinoth is online now
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Halifax
Posts: 9,170

You need to use a power supply or a universal adapter. You could run an extension line (some newer mobos come with a backplate that gives you a molex connection ouside of your pc with the other side connected to your power supply) or you could use one of those universal adapters. I've done this with extra fans, i just clicked the adjustable output voltage until i found a voltage my fans were effective but quiet and you could do the same. I recommend any of the rewiring of the universal adapter you do it unplugged from the wall, use solder and cover all exposed connections with electrical tape.
Here I am: here I remain
Reply With Quote