View Single Post
  #6 (permalink)  
Old January 30, 2008, 02:16 PM
donimo's Avatar
donimo donimo is offline
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Vancouver Island
Posts: 831

So... in case anyone feels like calling Xbox support, here is my experience:

Jan 16th (2 hours on phone): First call about this issue. Told him the whole story, that it had worked fine, then stopped for no reason, that it was on a Vista rig AND an XP rig. Was told repeatedly that the issue related to my firewall settings. I mentioned, kindly, about 15 times that I have my firewalls turned completely off. Finally he gets it, the proceeds to tell me it's my routers firewall that is the issue. I kindly remind him that a) a router firewall has nothing to do with PC's hooked to said router and their ability to communicate with each other. Also to prove my point I had set up an unmanaged switch to show that the router firewall could not be an issue. He told me I "was refusing to beleive him" I told him he was wrong, and that I am 100% sure it was not due to firewall settings. I hung up after telling him to log it as "unresolved". If you get someone named "John" hang up.

Jan 16th (2.25 hours on phone): Called back to get someone else, they got me to check some services, that I stated I already checked, such as WMP network sharing etc. They told me that I would be better off calling a different dept, the "media center dept". Told me to call back as they were closed now.

Jan 17th-22 (10+ hours) ended up having a RAM stick die on me, spent a looong time troubleshooting before I discovered this though, unrelated to issue but ate up the weekend. But I ended up with a fresh install of XP pro and WMP 11. Attempted xbox connection before ANY updates were installed. nothing worked, installed udates, nothing worked.

Jan 22 (3+ hours on phone) Called in for the "media center" dept, got someone nemaed "Asia". Went through essentially the same list the other "tech support" people read out of, if I wanted to flip through a "how to fix simple xbox problems" folder I would do it myself online, oh yeah, I DID. at the end she said that she had run out of things to try, and a "senior technician supervisor" would call me back in 24-48 hours, I gave them my cell and work numbers to make sure. Fine, whatever.

Jan 23 (stayed home from curling) waited by the phone, nothing.

Jan 24 (stayed home again) no call.

Jan 25 stayed in and watched movies, not a bad time, but still trapped at home.

Jan 26 (1 hour on phone) spent 90% of it on hold, got hung up on twice and finally got through to have them say that "I was schedualed for a call back tonight between 2-10pm. Fine. BUT THEY NEVER CALLED.

Jan 27th (1 hour on phone) Called in, ripped a strip off some poor girl, she "escalated" it and said I would FOR SURE receive a call in 24-48 hours. Fine, what else can I do right?

Jan 28th no call

Jan 29th (1 hour on phone) no call so I call in at 930pm, get a supervisor after a long time, he tells me there is nothing his dept can do and I need to wait for the other dept to call me, will not give me other dept's number. Assures me that he is sending a "supervisor level" email and I will get a call back.
Mobo GA-Z77X-UD3 CPU i5-3570K stock RAM:2x4GB Patriot Viper 1866 1.5v GPU:XFX HD6850 BE + Gigabyte HD6850 @820/4400MHz Case:Bitfenix Raider w/2x 200mm + 135mm PSU: Corsair HX620
Reply With Quote