View Single Post
Old May 2, 2010, 04:43 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

I'm at work so I can't give any direct links or check prices on what I'm reccomending. However, here's what I would do personally.

- I would ditch that GTS250 in favour of an ATI 5770. ATI is no worse than NVIDIA in the driver department, so whatever you read is a crock of shite. I have had no issues with installing any ATI drivers, even beta and preview drivers.

- I think for more future proofing, if you can afford it, is go for the new Phenom II x6 1055T. 6 cores for under $250 (If I recall correctly).

- As MadCan said, you can get away with a TX650 or something alike, which is still quite a lot of power.

- Believe me, getting a decent case now will make your life so much easier. Something cheap like a CM 690II Advanced or Lancool K62 will be a hell of a lot easier to work in. (I'd prefer the K62 personally)

- Oh, and go with NCIX. Pricematch, pricematch, pricematch. Oh, don't forget to pricematch. It can save you quite a bit of coin. I know on my first PC I saved around $125, on a $1200 or so build.
Code:
<martin_metal_88> I think I am gonna sell my server
<firebane> i will offer pereniums mom
<firebane> slightly used
<Keltron> slightly is an understatement
<LPfan4ever> Who're you kidding...slightly?
<martin_metal_88> peri's mom, slightly used? lol...