View Single Post
Old May 2, 2010, 04:04 PM
Rookie

Default Budget Gaming build around 1000$

Hi,

I am in the process of building myself a new budget gaming pc. I will be mostly playing WoW, Starcraft 2, Diablo 3 (when it comes out obviously). I have been using laptops for the past few years so I've fallen out of the current up to date reviews and whatnot. I've always been treated good with AMD & Nvidia. I know that people will say ATI is good but I've read great review for Cataclyst drvier and aweful one as well so that's why I'm a bit hesitant. The GPU right now must handle wow (not really a challenge isn't it) and Starcraft 2. I could always upgrade down the line when D3 comes out if needed.

As far as screen resolution goes, I will be honest, I have no idea because I haven't found a LCD monitor yet. I'm still in the process of buying a widescreen LCD monitor for around 150$-200$ CAN lower the better for 19" - 21.5" since I'm sitting right in front of it. I don't need bigger I have a TV and a ps3 for the rest so barely or no movies will be playied on it or streamed.

My total budget, before the LCD monitor, is around 1000$ CAN and will be buying CANADIAN, and the cheaper the better. Can't bring any parts over :D . So far this is what I've come up with while reading here and ncix forums. Totel build from Newegg ( not sure if I can direct link to the website) with shipping and taxes 1 045$.

P.S.: Don't need or use lightscribe just the only DVD i could manage to find.

- Rosewill DESTROYER Black Gaming ATX Mid Tower Computer Case with 3 included fans.

- GIGABYTE GA-890XA-UD3 AM3 AMD 790X

- Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit

- LITE-ON Black 24X DVD+R 8X DVD+RW 12X DVD+R DL 24X DVD-R 6X DVD-RW 12X DVD-RAM 16X DVD-ROM 48X CD-R 32X CD-RW 48X CD-ROM 2MB Cache SATA 24X DVD Writer LightScribe Support

- Western Digital Caviar Black WD6401AALS 640GB 7200 RPM 32MB Cache SATA 3.0Gb/s 3.5" Internal Hard Drive

- G.SKILL Ripjaws Series 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Desktop Memory Model F3-12800CL9D-4GBRL

- AMD Phenom II X4 955 Black Edition Deneb 3.2GHz 4 x 512KB L2 Cache 6MB L3 Cache Socket AM3 125W Quad-Core Processor

- CORSAIR CMPSU-750TX 750W ATX12V / EPS12V SLI Ready CrossFire Ready 80 PLUS Certified Active PFC Compatible with Core i7 Power Supply

- GIGABYTE GV-N250-1GI GeForce GTS 250 1GB 256-bit GDDR3 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready SLI Support Video Card

I am opened to Intel/ATI (no fanboy crap) user input but I have to remind that I will not overclocking nor do I want to learn how to do it, I just don't have the time. I want to keep it simple, clean and easy to use for the next 3-4 years (again GPU could need upgrade down the line wouldn't mind it). Also I will not be using SLI, just a single card bang for the buck pc.

So, work your magic and help me out because I have been lost for the past 2 weeks and will be buying this week or next week if I can actually make up my mind.

Thanks!