Thread: Hehe...
View Single Post
Old May 1, 2010, 06:54 PM
Allstar

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by SneakySnake View Post
How much have you used OS X ?
Plenty of times. I read a lot of documentation about OSX and have read a good dozen of books on the subject either about FreeBSD (from the kernel programming to network security) and a few other more general books about BSD 'itself'.

It's maybe to much info for a simple question, but that will take all your doubts about my potential incompetence and lack of knowledge about what I am talking about like a few around here might think...

Quote:
Originally Posted by AkG View Post
The fact you cant understand that other peeps might actually want a 2k laptop even though a 800 will do perfectly and yet are not fools underscores my point perfectly about elitism. For some users who DO game (once again outside your narrow perview of what is right and proper and how a computer "should" be used) and are away from home, thus only have access to one system....why not. Sounds justified to me. I know you cant game for crap on Apple OSX...so is it a case of envy that your 1k system couldn't do it even if you wanted it to?

You are the one who called them stupid for thinking differently then yourself and I am the one who pointed out to you how arrogant and elitist that is. I know I suffer from that too when it comes to Apple as I think its foolish to pay more for a Mac then the comparable PC....but at least I am honest about it.

I was comparing retail to retail. Once again....your math is either off or your assumptions on cost of OSX vs Windows are.

Did you pay more for your retail car then making your own? Did you make your own washing machine or pay more for a retail one? Not everyone has an interest or desire to become a mechanic or electrician...why expect them to become computer experts just so they can use a tool. That does not make them fools that simply makes them peeps with different interests then you. Once again saying otherwise is elitist.

Honestly at this point I am leaving this conversation as you are either trolling or unwilling to see anyone else's side but your own and have yet to actually have any meaningful input on this thread.

As for myself sneakysnake....I think based on your POV and arguments I may give a hackingtosh a go. TY for your well reasoned and valuable input. My lack of understanding did hinder my POV with regards to OS X and their users :)
For the people who had a 1-2k$ laptop I am saying also that all of them who had a macbook except one didn't actually need it for our classes. Gamers had their Dell and the lil hipsterish kids had their macbooks and were not actually gamers.
IMO it's a waste of money for the use they actually did with it considering that most of them had already a gaming computer at home and just wanted to game in the clasess. Useful eh?

I'm not calling people stupid, I'm calling people ignorant (read better). Not the "you ignorant pc users blabla" you usually hear from Apple fan because jobs said to say so; ignorant as it's real dictionary definition.
I still think calling me an elitist is overstating, though it's your opinion.

For 7, what is the lowest price you saw the OS? Here it's about 120$ so my 1/4 was right, but I might be wrong on the real price.

Once again, I don't think people are fools. Ignorant will be the biggest I will say about them. Uninformed being the best term I can find.

I understand your opinion, but that doesn't mean I have to agree with it. That's why it's your/my opinion and we don't have to agree with each other. I really like the thread so far and I don't see why you would think that you 'need' to leave o.O

Last edited by m1dget; May 1, 2010 at 07:12 PM.