View Single Post
Old April 30, 2010, 04:18 PM
Folding Captain

My System Specs

Default List of folding@home setup guides

So you have read the above post, and have decided which clients you want to use. Here is a list of guides from around the net that are very good.

If you need technical support, please see the threads linked, or post a new thread in our Folding@Home section of the forum. This thread is for reference only. There are lots of people willing to help.

GPU Client Setup Guides:

Here is the one on Stanford's site, with pictures and explanations that is very good:
Folding@home - WinGPUGuide

Multiple GPU Setup:

If you have 2-3 video cards, and want to fold on more than one at once, here is the part of the above guide that deals with that procedure. Follow the instructions in the above link forst, then see this one:
Folding@home - WinGPUGuide

Pay extra close attention to the shortcut configurations, and machine ID notes mentioned in the guide above.

SMP Setup for Quad cores, Six Cores, or i7 Processor Setups:

If you have a multi-core processor, use this handy guide: SMP install guide for Folding @ Home

If needed, ask for help in that thread and someone will be happy to help. Please pay special attention to the 'install.bat' instructions, and be sure to run as an administrator as outlined in that guide. If you have a highly-clocked Intel i7, try the 'bigadv' method mentioned in the guide for extra points!

Playstation 3 (PS3) Folding

If you own a PS3, you can fold on it too! here is a guide to help you:
Quick guide to using your PS3 for Folding@Home
Fold for team #54196

Last edited by chrisk; October 1, 2010 at 08:44 PM.