Thread: Hehe...
View Single Post
Old April 30, 2010, 03:35 PM
MVP
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by m1dget View Post
you can see that I'm not just a random MS basher ;)
I get what your saying, but starting a thread named 'hehe' in the mac forum about MS canceling one of their projects does lend to the belief that you may be a basher, and your signature doesn't help: "Death to MS"

Quote:
What I was referring to was the fact that for years Apple touted the PPC as way better then the intel x86 "garbage" (didnt Jobs state on numerous occasions that x86 was the past and apple would never use it? Cant remember the exact quote and his fancy power point graphic to "prove" it). Then when they swapped over...voila. Instant breakage. Apple took a different route and instead of offering support via emulation decided to tell everyone to upgrade or do without new apple kit, and they could get away with it as it is either Steve's way or the highway. Emulation may not be great, but its sure a lot better then saying go buy new stuff. I know that certainly wont fly in the corporate world. Hell lots JUST upgraded to XP from 2k and backwards compatibility is paramount
Haha yes, steve did have to bite his tongue pretty hard numerous times during the PPC years. He also claimed that when the power mac G5's came out at dual 2.0 GHz that it would reach 3 GHz in a year, several years later we mananged to hit 2.5 before the switch to intel. I think it was a very poor judgement decision, where steve saw PPC as winning in the end and turned out to be horribly wrong. They did however support via emulation the PPC folks for years after the switch. Snow Leopard was the first OS that didn't support PPC.