Thread: Hehe...
View Single Post
Old April 30, 2010, 01:52 PM
MVP
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by belgolas View Post
Um m1dget it is MUCH easier to trouble shoot a problem in Windows than Mac. If you get a problem in Mac you are screwed as it does not tell you what is wrong. You get a problem in Windows and you get an error code.

Also who cares if the BIOS is running extremely old tech. You don't need a core i7 to run a bios. Although it would be great if the BIOS got an updated GUI.

Apple is crap when you want to run your own hardware. You can't simply put any PCI-e or PCI device into your $3000+ Mac Pro and expect it to work. Mean while any windows computer would have no problems.

With Apple it is a closed system. You do what Apple wants or Apple doesn't allow you to run on Mac. I can tell you developers hate working for the iPhone/iPod touch/iPad. Apple handles that the worst way possible. Lets say you put a million dollars into making a game for the iPhone. You don't know if Apple will accept it or not. Then even if Apple accepts it they may remove it later. Also you must use Apple approved developing tools to even be considered into the app store.

And don't get me started on how crappy iTunes is.

Also Apple is not cheap at all. When Apple makes an affordable computer for the average joe than people wont call them expensive. $1000 is too expensive for your lowest end computer. They need something less than $500 but then they would sell as many $1000 entry level Macs.

Don't get me wrong MS makes a lot of mistakes as well.

There's error codes in OS X

No one should argue that macs are cheap, they aren't. You do pay an apple tax for their products. However, it is not really in there interest to have a entry level computer. As an economics student we learn that simply having the lowest price does not mean max profits and sometimes the opposite is true. We looked at an example with abercrombie and fitch where they were losing money and in order to move outta the red they upped all there prices. Doesn't matter whether you like their preppy clothes or not, but the business model works for some companies, Apple is one of those companies. They are seen as the elite brand by the general public regardless of the tech actually inside their laptops (which is pretty mid range). They do a good job marketing, and a real good job making a product look good. That's why their successful

iTunes may not be everyone's cup of tea, it definitely has some major flaws, but it gets the job done. It's mostly due to visual preference which audio manager one uses.

I have no doubt developers may not like the business model that apple uses for the app store, but they do need to limit stuff, although they could do it in a much better way. The app store is already so bloated with crapware and if all limits were removed it would be an even bigger mess

Sorry for the rant, point I'm trying to make is that apple isn't for everyone, but their OS is pretty much on par with windows 7. I like OS X better since it runs a bit quicker, but again, that's simply my personal preference.