View Single Post
Old April 29, 2010, 07:40 PM
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero82z View Post
Of course the DRM is going to be cracked. There will be piracy no matter how good the game is, how much it sells, or what kind of copy protection it has. The real question is whether or not the developer will make money off the game. If a game is to be successful, it has to be good. You can't stop piracy. What you can do is make sure that your game sells more copies by making it actually worth paying for.

There are pirates who will steal a game no matter what. There are fanboys who will buy the game no matter what. You can't sell anything to the first group. You don't have to try with the second. What developers and publishers have to focus on is the group of people who care enough to actually buy games if they turn out to be any good. The only thing DRM does is drive those people away.
I agree with you there, if a game is worth it, i'll end up buying it since i want to support the publisher and show them that their game warranted me paying money for it. If the game isn't so spectacular or if i'm on the fence i'll try the demo or at a friends house to help me decide if its worth it or not.