View Single Post
Old April 16, 2010, 08:42 PM
Top Prospect
F@H

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyhorsejohnny View Post
Dude if you don't think you did it right then odds are you didn't. I'm guessing you're using a stock heatsink so the pushpins can sometimes be "tricky".
I've done it before, this is the 3rd time I've put on a HSF for a LGA775 build. I've done it wrong before, the HSF will feel loose and temperatures will creep up really fast. The HSF is tight, and it's on right.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero82z View Post
What program are you using to monitor temperatures?
What CPU is this?

And no, 45-55C temperatures will not harm your CPU. In fact, it is quite literally impossible to harm your CPU with high temperatures since it will shut itself down before it can get hot enough for that.
CoreTemp32, its a E6600, using Zalman STG-1 thermal paste

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shimakaze View Post
Can't really tell if you're being sarcastic or not. 45C is totally fine, and it's normal to get that on air cooling. 55C on load is normal too.
It was running cooler than that on stock HSF, was about 38-50. Wanted a quieter build, so have an Arctic Cooling Freezer 7 in there now.

If it's not going to do any harm to the CPU, I'm happy at these temperatures.

Thanks guys!

XBMC Rig (1900PPD): AMD Athlon II X2 240 @ 3.2ghz | Gigabyte GA-MA78LM-S2H | G.Skill 2GB DDR2 800 | WD Caviar Blue 500GB | Antec NSK1300 SFF Case
Folding Rig: (1700+4500PPD) Intel Core 2 Duo E6600 | Gigabyte GA-P35-DS3L | OCZ Special Ops 2GB DDR2 800 | EVGA 9800GT | G.Skill Falcon 64GB SSD | Samsung Spinpoint 1TB | Seagate Momentus 1TB | Generic ATX 430W Case