View Single Post
Old April 12, 2010, 09:21 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

See they are supposed to, and I have had it disabled before, more than once.

From here you can see this:

Quote:
Will disk defragmentation be disabled by default on SSDs?
Yes. The automatic scheduling of defragmentation will exclude partitions on devices that declare themselves as SSDs. Additionally, if the system disk has random read performance characteristics above the threshold of 8 MB/sec, then it too will be excluded. The threshold was determined by internal analysis.

Will Superfetch be disabled on SSDs?
Yes, for most systems with SSDs.
If the system disk is an SSD, and the SSD performs adequately on random reads and doesn’t have glaring performance issues with random writes or flushes, then Superfetch, boot prefetching, application launch prefetching, ReadyBoost and ReadDrive will all be disabled.
So it is supposed to disable it, but I was looking at a few other threads and it is quite apparent that it seems to almost never detect the drives properly. In some cases it looks like updating the chipset drivers have helped but not very often.

So in closing it is supposed to disable it, but it almost never detects SSDs correctly and therefore doesn't disable what needs to.