View Single Post
Old April 6, 2010, 09:19 PM
Banned
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by belgolas View Post
Well you guys obviously fail to read my posts. I said I would be using a keyboard. Either a blue tooth keyboard or the keyboard dock. I also read text on my PC for hours at a time with no effects on my eyes. Many of the reviews state that reading on the iPad is a pleasure. Plus usually I don't read longer than an hour or 2. The word processing program on the iPad is a FULL desktop class software. I don't know why people say it isn't. Also there is USB you just have to get a add in card.
So with $200 worth of accessories and crap that you have to carry around, an iPad can approach the level of functionality that a netbook already has built in. Now your argument really doesn't make sense. Why go through the hassle instead of just getting something that has all the features you need right out of the box?
Quote:
Originally Posted by belgolas View Post
The iPad can do a ton more than a netbook can do on a crappy atom CPU.
That's ridiculous. Even an Atom CPU is much more powerful than the processor used in the iPad. Have you ever actually used a netbook? They're hardly powerful machines, but they are plenty fast for running Office and browsing the internet.

I'm not telling you this because I want to belittle your choices. I'm telling you this because I know what will be beneficial for you as a student, and I can tell you from personal experience that the extra features a netbook or laptop has and an iPad does not have will be extremely useful to you once you are in college and are using your computer as a tool for school purposes on a daily basis.