View Single Post
Old April 6, 2010, 07:52 PM
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by belgolas View Post
Well this product isn't for any of you guys but I sure like it. For me I don't have a laptop and I don't need a laptop as I never found a use for one as my smart phone does almost everything I want on the go. But now that I am going to college I will need a portable device to type on.

So my options right now are fairly limited for cheap devices.

I can get a cheap netbook, a tablet, or an iPad.

A cheap netbook may be cheaper but you get a crappy cramped keyboard that is not fun to use. You get such a small screen that using a full sized OS is not an enjoyable experience. And the worst of all it is extremely slow to use. So the net book option is out of the question unless I can get a used full sized laptop.

O.k. now I could go for a tablet but then you run into many of the problems stated above. Slow and a full sized OS simply does not work.

Now lets look at the iPad. With a stand and a FULL sized keyboard it is enjoyable to type on. It has a beautiful screen with the BY FAR the best work software on the go for that size of screen. IT is very fast. I don't know why any body would say other wise. It has more than enough batter life. 10 hours is a long time and yes it DOES get ten hours.

Now the iPad doesn't have flash so that is a small minus as I don't go to many sites that need flash and if I do it can wait till I get home to use my beast of a machine. It also can't do multitasking but it is already jail broken so multitasking will come so no minus there plus it is rumored that apple will include multitasking in iPhone OS 4.0. It also doesn't have a camera but I will always keep my phone with me so that doesn't matter.

The battery last longer than my phone and it can do more. There are hundreds of thousands of apps that work on it and over 2000 apps right now design for it and MANY more coming.

I also believe this is BY FAR the best e-book reader as it is not hard on the eyes and has colour and is very fast. One thing that kept me away from the kindle is that it is to dam slow. This is much better to read your kid a book in colour or read your kid a comic book than a black and white kindle. Plus it can do more.

Why would I ever by a kindle now? Why would I ever buy a @$^&&* almost unusable netbook now? The iPad is a great device and I will be getting one. It CAN do everything I WANT on the go and do it better than any other cheap device and do more at the same time.
I don't understand the college arguement of needing a computer. I've gone through almost 5 years of college/university and there never has been a moment where i've 'needed' my own computer. Course/labs that need you to use compuers book you in lab times so you can use the schools computers and the software on it. Hell there are always open access labs too that are open for anyone to use, so again i've never needed a computer in class. You're going to take notes, great if you are taking business, crappy if you are going into the sciences and technologies as drawing on paper is a lot easier and less time consuming then a tablet or an iPad.