View Single Post
Old January 15, 2008, 12:57 PM
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpax View Post
e.g. before sql server 2005 sp2 you could not run sql server on it.
But SQL Server 2005 SP2 was released last March, only a few months after Vista launched. Support for Vista for the vast majority of products appeared in the months following the launch of Vista, and it's mostly peachy now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by enaberif View Post
Yes re-learn. Everything that you find in XP has been completely revamped, moved, replaced, re-organized to different spots. I can't even change my display settings without taking an extra 2 or 3 clicks of a mouse and that is to much change imho.
Every OS other than Windows has it easy here, nobody complains when Gentoo or Mac OS get their UI moved around.

Quote:
Originally Posted by enaberif View Post
The same cannot be said for Vista and thats why you either hate it or you love it.
I don't love or hate Vista. It's the best Windows OS to date, and I currently use it interchangably with Ubuntu on my own PC. I gave similar support to XP when it launched and was getting killed by the online community. However, I also honestly feel that Vista was in much better shape than XP at its respective launch, even if the media reception didn't portray that.

To anyone interested:
Here is an excellent Vista tweak/performance FAQ/guide on Anandtech, probably the best I've seen.