View Single Post
Old March 16, 2010, 09:02 AM
Hardware Canucks Reviewer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fudd Rucker View Post
I cant imagine going these extremes to keeping secrets is good for business when the only other competition has had a firm foothold on that particular market for so long. I can honestly say because of these shenaningans about 25 people I know have said screw the wait for Fermi and went out and got 58xx series cards. Even the die hard nvidia fanbois have started to jump ship because this is getting rediculous. Also keeping secrets about a product as tight as this will deter those less education as they wont be able to make an informed decision in any shape or form on what they want, and will go with whats out there.

While they may lose customers to peeps saying the hell with it.....you need to read the Sun Tzu's Art of War to understand the larger picture being played out between ATI, Nvidia and Intel.

"So it is said that if you know your enemies and know yourself, you can win a hundred battles without a single loss.
If you only know yourself, but not your opponent, you may win or may lose.
If you know neither yourself nor your enemy, you will always endanger yourself."

Knowing in advance what your competitor or "enemy" has in the pipeline is literally priceless. This is why industrial espionage and security against it is such a HUGE market. Nvidia is in hard place with their kit being delayed and while they have blundered on the PR front a time or two.....keeping info locked up UNTIL the day it is released is a GOOD thing!

YMMV

“if your opponent has a conscience, then follow Gandhi. But if you enemy has no conscience, like Hitler, then follow Bonhoeffer.” - Dr. MLK jr