View Single Post
Old March 15, 2010, 04:31 PM
Cooler Master USA

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkOne View Post
I would like to give my constructive sugestion here, since we have a manufacturer rep. and they are not only about this case

1- the windows go to far in the front, we don't need to see the drives cage.
2- I will like to see manufacturers give 2 plexy side windows, one with the fan and one plain.
Thanks for the suggestions:

1. The early mock ups have the window in this position though future models will have this position fixed. The 200mm fan on the side panel is combined with a window so it is very tricky to position that fan in the strongest area. If you have the fan too far back it will cause vibrations, and the acrylic panel may crack with the installation force etc.

2. With the HAF X, we are introducing the side window standard with fan because this is pending testing from a GPU manufacturer. The mock ups do not have the extra internal parts that are required. While purely aesthetic reasons are good reasons for not having a side fan (as seen on the AMD HAF 932), HAF X we intend to be certified to the GPU manufacturer's standards to dissipate three GPU worth of thermal energy in the GPU area. This is about 750-900W of thermal energy the HAF X will have to dissipate.

This "High Air Flow" performance is impossible to achieve without a side fan.

As my significant other says: "feelings are passing but reasons are lasting"so I hope these are reasonable answers to your questions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FiXT View Post
Maybe using the tray system that the 690 II has - I was really on board with that design.
Good idea, you may see some of these 2-in-1 SSD adapters in the HAF X.