View Single Post
Old March 10, 2010, 02:12 AM
Top Prospect

Exclamation Lost almost 4000 points in Vantage?!

I was running the Vantage Benchmark today testing out my GPU's new Overclock. And I got a score of 7559.
GPU=9745 CPU=4518

I then returned my GPU to stock speeds to make sure my GPU wasn't throttling,
score of 7290
GPU=9206 CPU=4489

So that is understandable losing a few hundred points from returning your GPU to its' stock speeds.
But here is the main issue. I ran Vantage about a week ago
score of 11048
GPU=9188 CPU=28125!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

How is that possible? I lost almost 4000 points. And I have not changed my CPU's speeds at all. The only thing I have changed is I installed the latest Nvidia drivers, But as you can see my GPU scores are still very close.
I just don't get how my CPU score can change so much.
And BTW, My CPU is at its' default speeds too. Ever since I installed Win 7 ultimate 64 I have left my CPU speeds at default till I got everything else sorted out drivers/software wise.
I am fairly new to the Vantage test as I just got a DX10 OS. But I did have the Physix turned off in the Nvidia CP. I also picked 'Let the 3D app decide' for all other Nvidia CP settings. And in Vantage I selected 'Performance' as to leave everything at default settings.
I really need to sort this out. Now I am wondering if this is why my Games have not being running with consistent speeds? What is happening people
Cheers
System spec: Intel i7 2600k, Gigabyte GTX 570 Super Overclock, Kingston DDR3 2X4 GB sticks, ASUS P8P67 PRO, Cooler Master 700 watt PSU, 750GB*2 Sata,SATA III 1TB HDD Acer 24 Widescreen, Antec 300, Windows 7 Ultimate 64 Bit