View Single Post
Old March 8, 2010, 08:11 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oversized Rooster View Post
What you described here deals with the details of engineering and product process. What I said was that you could have the same architecture chip on different production processes. Redesigning circuit paths, etc doesn't mean it's a new architecture.

And to be honest, I don't care what the problems are to move to 32nm because I'm an end user. If I was an electrical engineer in that field I might have cared but, it's not my problem. I am not an engineer and all I care about is getting more performance for my dollars spent.

Nor do I have the desire to enter this field of work...so I don't see why you're getting all personal.

We all "wish" for stuff. Sometimes the manufacturers put out impressive new products and sometimes they fall short of consumers' expectations or desires. That's life.
You're stomping your feet and shouting "Its not fair!" over something that's not realistic, and you fail to acknowledge it. Yes, you can have the same basic architecture on a new node. However, that doesnt mean they dont have to redesign the chip. Hence why I linked you the article to read.

Wish all you want for the sun, stars and a billion dollars, but the fact remains that a node shrink would entail a redesign for a monolithic 8 core chip on a brand new node. They arnt going to eat those kinds of resources up so you can overclock it 200mhz higher.