View Single Post
Old March 6, 2010, 12:48 PM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by enaberif View Post
Personally your going to find that unless you rip off the old stuff when you go to stain it you'll notice the difference and it'll bug you. I'd redo all the wood and that way it can be stained properly again..

Unless your gonna use paint.
I agree, the original stain was tinted - and I have some left. I'm going to take an old board and new board into the hardware store and have them color match the tint.. I'll try it on the old board and dry it with a hairdryer, and stay there til it matches properly.

As for the girlfriend painting - that was the agreement, and she likes to paint. She didn't care for the turmoil during the past month tho.

The house was built in 1995, with the basement reno done about 6 years ago. The original builders did an ok job, but the basement reno (as you can see by the electrical + vapor barrier) is shoddy.. i'd love to know who they used and report them. Some of the things like the laundry room were terrible, not to code and things common sense tell you not to do (like putting the laundry water taps above the dryer 220V outlet) I've done a few renovations in the house already to fix the major problems, heh.

Quote:
I'll learn to manage my anger, when people learn to manage their stupid.