View Single Post
Old February 27, 2010, 06:07 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by SKYMTL View Post
Look, the MSRP is one thing but I think we all know that every single retail on the face of this planet will feel they need to gouge for the initial run of these cards. As such, I am sure that NVIDIA will get a black eye when those retailers announce their prices.

Does this have anything to do with the actual SRP? No, it will have to do with greed not of NVIDIA but of those who take up the last line in the supply chain.
This is the problem. Nvidia can tell you guys what THEY want the cards to launch at, but there is not a single salivating board partner OR retailer that will pass on any savings to the end users. You can blame whoever on this one, either way, this card will almost certainly NOT launch at SRP.

For the record, I am not trying to single you out or post confrontationally towards you. I know that there are very few people that are as knowledgeable and as passionate about this stuff as you are. I also know exactly what these cards are supposed to SRP for and such. I hope that what is being spread as rumors is just that, rumors. I just can't help but feel that no matter what one side of this saga states, there are multiple factors and forces that are just gonna make this an ugly expensive launch. Only time will tell who is right and who is wrong.

Last edited by b1lk1; February 27, 2010 at 06:32 PM.