View Single Post
Old February 19, 2010, 07:34 PM
F@H

My System Specs

At last we come to the final contender in this case fan review. Yate Loon although mainly being an OEM supplier is very popular among system builders. Known for their build quality and practical yet functional designs, one could not have a fan review without them.

The Fan

Packaged in nothing more than a Plastic Bag with a Part Number the Yate Loon wastes no expense on fancy images and stats. It spends all of its resources in what we care about the most, the Fan. Probably one of those most traditional designs yet seen in this Review, we shall see if this unit has what it takes to be a contender.

The Stats

Model: YL-D12SH-124UB

Size: 120x120x25mm
Volts: 12v
Rated RPM: 2300
Rated CFM: 88
Rated DBA: 40

Installed and Running

A real eye catcher in a case that has Windowed Panel the YL really shines while it does its job. Worthy of mention it is also one of the loudest Fans tested thus Far.

The Results

Measured RPM: 2270

Despite being the Fastest Fan tested, and having the Highest rated CFM the venerable Yate Loon loses out to the others by a few degrees in performance.

"We know not why he calls for us, only that when he does we must answer" - DMP 2009

"Dear Iceberg, I am sorry to hear about global warming. Karma is a bitch. Signed - Titanic"

I would rather believe and find god doesn't exist than to not believe and find that he does.

www.realhardwarereviews.com

Last edited by Soultribunal; February 20, 2010 at 06:10 PM.