View Single Post
Old February 19, 2010, 08:33 PM

My System Specs

SilenX is a Company that strives on Silent Computer Experience. Largely unheard of in enthusiast circles SilenX has a wide and varied selection of Cooling solutions that are available at most retailers online.

The Fan

Opting for a more traditional approach we see SilenX has chosen a 7 Bladed Design, which is a typical approach really. However looking closely we see that not only is the Fan Hub smaller than normal but their Fan Blades exhibit a very Agressive sweeping pitch. Hopefully this will Aid in its Performance.

The Stats

Model: IXP-74-14B

Size: 120x120x25mm
Volts: 12v
Rated CFM: 72.0
Rated RPM: 1400
Rated DBA: 14.0

Installed and Running

Right away we can see that SilenX has placed their LED's in the centre Hub as opposed to the outside ring. Although it still casts a menacing Glow when in operation.

The Results

Measured RPM: 1395

Very good Results as well. It seems that SilenX is living up to its name for Performance.

"We know not why he calls for us, only that when he does we must answer" - DMP 2009

"Dear Iceberg, I am sorry to hear about global warming. Karma is a bitch. Signed - Titanic"

I would rather believe and find god doesn't exist than to not believe and find that he does.

Last edited by Soultribunal; February 20, 2010 at 07:07 PM.