View Single Post
Old January 7, 2008, 07:34 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Default complicated

yea these rumors can be difficult to keep up with-but the 680i ones turned out to be true.

[quote=MpG;33571]I've heard those reports too, but I think they're just rumours. They first came out when it was announced that Intel was delaying introduction of their mainstream Penryn, but Intel has since openly stated that they simply don't feel like bringing them out yet. And I haven't seen any suggestion that the new Extreme models have any trouble running on the P35's.

I just hope your right. Anyway as 3.0charlie wisely said if I was buying now Id sit on my hands for a few months to see how things progress. There seems to be a tonne of options and perhaps X38 will be a "great one" once the price drops as the other options come out.

BTW:Why are they releasing an X48 given they just released the X38? Also if Intel releases the nehalm on a new socket Q4 2008 these boards aren't going to have much longevity. Bit like my P35 by the looks of things

GPU: PA120.3|S.Res.rev2|2x EK FC blocks| MCP655.