Thread: Gaming Rig
View Single Post
Old February 11, 2010, 07:53 PM
Rookie

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raserei408 View Post
I'd amend that slightly, but overall it's good. Changes I'd make:
No XFX ATI cards. Poor quality and lower OCing than most (I like MSI personally). It's got a great warranty, but that's all it has going for it.
The HAF 932 is great if you like the looks. It's worth noting, however, that a lot of people dislike it, and the most important thing above all else in a case, IMO, is liking the looks.
Not even a contest; Corsair 850HX.
I'd swap to a Spinpoint F3; it's faster and often cheaper, though the warranty is shorter and RMA service isn't as good in Canada. That said, I'd almost certainly be replacing the HDD in the next 3 years, so the warranty isn't a big issue for me. Can't speak for anyone else.
Lastly, I'd go for a Hyper 212 Plus for sure. Wouldn't change that out unless I was getting at least a Titan Fenrir.
Firstly, XFX made by far, the best 4890s, on the forums over at overclockers.com the top OCing results were all XFX based. They're a fantastic company. If anything, MSI would be my last preference as far as ATi goes. Probably something along the lines of XFX, Sapphire, visiontek and then everything else. Anyway, before you throw the "just buy a corsaird PSU" check out some reviews. The corsairs are good, no doubt about it, but there are other PSU companies (even one's that are normally terrible, i.e thermaltake) that really put out a good line of power supplies over the past couple of years. This is the PSU site I trust most, the author is also at OCF, I even bought my PSU from him that was a review sample: JonnyGURU.com - Enermax Modu87+ 700W Review

Lastly for the case, it's to each his own. I just mentioned the HAF since it's one of the largest for it's price tag coupled with good build quality. But yes, it all depends what you find more aesthetically pleasing. It's rare these days to find any real cooling differences between case designs.