View Single Post
Old February 7, 2010, 09:31 AM
Folding Captain

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Rabbit View Post
*snicker* I wish. The PC is getting a 150G Raptor that's been sitting on the shelf.

This is a bit of a test for me, though. Right now I can't really justify the price of an SSD (or two) for the same old reasons: price vs storage space. Doubly so since I have a heap of hard drives that is almost waist high. But there is that old saying, "once you go forward you can never go back". I actually just finished moving my OS to the Raptor and am starting to use it. So far so good but I wonder if I will be sitting here, soon, thinking computer thinking, "how did I ever live like this?"
I debated a SSD for the laptop for a while. I even thought of taking the one in my desktop and moving it to the laptop, and running a WD Black in the desktop. In the end, with $100 off the price of the Vertex, and the fact that my laptop usually only uses 60-80GB max, I thought that a laptop upgrade purchase was in order.

This laptop has had temp issues in the past too (warranty fixed). The 10-15c temp drops has only solidified my decision. I was thinking of a new laptop for a while, but this upgrade (along with the extra ram i got a while back) leads me to think that this laptop will now be used until it breaks down as boot times are quick (~30sec), and apps load almost instantaneously. Hopefully the lower temps add life too, saving money in the long-run (ahem Sagath...)
Fold for team #54196