View Single Post
Old January 31, 2010, 09:52 PM
MVP

Sadly, there's nothing by AMD that really competes with Intel's X58. If you want to save some money, though, you could go with a P55 platform. With an i7 860 and a solid motherboard, you'd have a great computer for CPU-heavy stuff, and it'll probably cost $150-200 less depending on how much RAM and which motherboard you use.

As for OCing, if you don't know how, just read up a little bit. I'm not really confident in i7 OCing procedures, but there are plenty of guides explaining how to do it. OCing on a P55 rig is even easier, so I've heard. Just make sure to get yourself a good aftermarket sink (as I said, Hyper 212 Plus) and read for an hour or so and you'll be good to go.