View Single Post
Old January 30, 2010, 08:23 AM

Originally Posted by frontier204 View Post
I just installed the Furmark 1.70 from right under the "download" header. It says Windows 32 bit but it works fine on my 64-bit Vista. I'd help by trying it on my laptop with Windows 7 64-bit, but I doubt that laptop will survive much Furmark (defective GPU). I'm not one for posting direct download links, so to the following page FurMark 1.7.0: The Bad Boy of Graphics Cards Utilities is Back! - 3D Tech News, Pixel Hacking, Data Visualization and 3D Programming - and use the download button right under the screenshot.

Catalyst Control Center can tell you the default clocks for your GPU if you select Graphics (button at the top left) -> Information Center -> Graphics Hardware. Core and Memory clocks are listed. As for determining the exact model number through software, I can't help you there because all the tools I have can't specifically find out that my graphics card is a 4870 (they say 4800 series as well).

Sweet, so once I get it, am I just running a Stress Test or Benchmarking or both? Also whats Xtreme Burning Mode? The site says not to use it unless u have a good cooling system
for the card which I dont lol so Im not gonna bother

If you look at the previous page, I posted a pic of my core and memory clocks.