View Single Post
Old January 30, 2010, 08:23 AM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by frontier204 View Post
I just installed the Furmark 1.70 from right under the "download" header. It says Windows 32 bit but it works fine on my 64-bit Vista. I'd help by trying it on my laptop with Windows 7 64-bit, but I doubt that laptop will survive much Furmark (defective GPU). I'm not one for posting direct download links, so to the following page FurMark 1.7.0: The Bad Boy of Graphics Cards Utilities is Back! - 3D Tech News, Pixel Hacking, Data Visualization and 3D Programming - Geeks3D.com and use the download button right under the screenshot.

Catalyst Control Center can tell you the default clocks for your GPU if you select Graphics (button at the top left) -> Information Center -> Graphics Hardware. Core and Memory clocks are listed. As for determining the exact model number through software, I can't help you there because all the tools I have can't specifically find out that my graphics card is a 4870 (they say 4800 series as well).

Sweet, so once I get it, am I just running a Stress Test or Benchmarking or both? Also whats Xtreme Burning Mode? The site says not to use it unless u have a good cooling system
for the card which I dont lol so Im not gonna bother

If you look at the previous page, I posted a pic of my core and memory clocks.