View Single Post
Old January 29, 2010, 08:57 PM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by frontier204 View Post
According to that screenshot you posted your graphics card is overclocked. I see 700 GPU clock on your slider bar, and the spec sheet for the Radeon 4860 ATI Mobility Radeon™ HD 4830 / HD 4860 Graphics - Overview says it should only run at 650 MHz. Maybe you can post the exact model number of your GPU, so we can see if it's supposed to run at that speed?

To test if your issue is GPU heat (or power supply failing under GPU loads), make sure the "Enable ATI Overdrive" box is UNCHECKED, and run Furmark FurMark: Graphics Card Stability and Stress Test, OpenGL Benchmark and GPU Temperature | oZone3D.Net

The operating system can affect how much power a system draws (e.g. see the difference between laptop battery life on Windows XP vs Vista / 7), but Windows 7 should have similar or smaller power consumption.
Interesting. How do I get the exact model number of my GPU? Every software I use, it just says HD Raedon 4800 Series. Honestly, I think its a 4860. My buddy who gave it to me told me it was a 4860 but it doesnt say on the card or on Catalyst Control Centre.

Im looking at the FurMark website you recommended me and there are soo many links that I keep getting lost. Can you please point me to where I can get the .exe file? I have Windows 7 64bit with Catalyst Control 10.1

EDIT: Was researching on google and this one forum had these specs for 4860
Stream Processors 640 Stream Processing
GPU Core Clock 700MHz
Memory Clock 750MHz (3.0Gbps)
Memory Interface 256-bit
Memory Type GDDR5
RV790 core (same core as the 4890)

I remember my buddy telling me that in the manual it said it was a stripped down version of a 4890

Last edited by flyingdutchman; January 29, 2010 at 09:03 PM.