View Single Post
Old January 29, 2010, 11:00 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by CroSsFiRe2009 View Post
Nice start to this build.
Can I suggest hard drive suspension or a custom enclosure for those hard drives? I find that the hard drive noise is the loudest and usually the hardest to silence. Even my WD10EADS with AAM isn't quiet enough for me haha.

Oh and if you're up for some warranty voiding, switch out your power supply fan for a Scythe S-Flex 1600rpm one, it should work quite well in it and remove any remaining noise.
I am pretty sure that all the acoustic foam will get most of the HDD noise (I can just hear it with the case open next to me face - as I said, this is silence to low standards). It will have rubber dampeners though. And thatnks for the tip but the TX650 already has a good, quiet fan in it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmuseMe View Post
I think your design is great, I love the whole black and white designs; so elegant. Why didn't you get MDPC-X sleeving? It's only about $1 a meter with shipping and the dollar conversion. To sleeve a 12" 24-pin extenders, or just 24 wires at 12" each is about 6 meters

I myself used techflex, but no matter what angle I look at it, how
much light, and however good my macros are I CAN NOT see any wires through it.

Good luck on this, it's goingto be fine.
I bought 100 feet of sleeving for $20. A similar of MM would cost.... god I don't want to think about it. I think for the final photoshoot I will just photoshop the wires to be grayscale - call it cheating, but it's the only way it'll look good for such a small budget.

Quote:
Originally Posted by miggs78 View Post
MM... sleeving.. mmmmm.... :p

Nice sleeving there Sushi, looks to be a promising mod.. :)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy View Post
This looks very cool. Awesome work so far. I can't wait to see more.
Thanks!