View Single Post
Old January 27, 2010, 03:05 PM

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragoonxx View Post
I'm looking at getting 1-2 SSDs come summer for my newer system (will be eventually turned into a render beast also) sofware raid, almost promised windows XP pro (already have the lic), the main problem I've been seeing with most users and the X-25V based drives (the kingston 40GB) is that they (seem to) degrade in performance very quickly

other main problems I can forsee in my case is an almost need to keep at least some of my autodesk software on the drives, along with steam (unless they've finally allowed you to install to somewhere other than c?)
I'd probably have to go with 2x X25M G2 80GB drives, unless something else offers similar performance/price with higher capacities
Tried to update Kingston 40GB SSD's FW with Intel tool, no luck - Page 4 - Overclock.net - Overclocking.net
Read from here.

Tried to update Kingston 40GB SSD's FW with Intel tool, no luck - Page 4 - Overclock.net - Overclocking.net
Read from here. After this you should be able to get the SSD Toolbox working w/ the Kingston 40GB SSDnow. So manual/scheduled TRIM should work.