View Single Post
Old January 12, 2010, 11:00 AM
F@H

My System Specs

I'll update what i recommend in a second but i know the perfect two boards for HTPC.

The zotac ITX boards are probably the best all in one you'll find right now. With either the the N230 Atom processor (single core with hyper threading at 1.6Ghz) or the N330 Atom processor (dual core with hyper threading at 1.6GHz) with the Nvidia 9400M onboard graphics i've yet to find a better board really.

You can get them in a couple different flavours, one without the power supply included, others do (dc power adapter so no worrying about power supply in the computer case), with or without HDMI, spdif out, just a great and powerful itx board.

Here is what i was originally going to get before the one i got went on sale (this is for a sega genesis mod build which is going to run emulators and be a home theatre pc as well, i also needed the external power supply dc source)
Newegg.ca - ZOTAC IONITX-C-U Intel Atom 230 Mini ITX ION Platform Motherboard/CPU Combo with 90W PSU - Motherboard / CPU / VGA Combo
And this is the one i got
Canada Computers - Motherboards : Zotac IONITX-A-U Intel Atom 330 1.6Ghz Dual Core, nVidia ION GeForce 9400M Graphics w/ DVI + HDMI, DDR2 800Mhz, Wireless 802.11n, 5.1 CH HD Audio (Optical Out), 3x SATA 3.0Gb/s + 1 eSATA, 90W PSU,10x USB 2.0, Mini-IT

Last edited by Arinoth; January 12, 2010 at 11:06 AM.