View Single Post
Old January 10, 2010, 03:21 PM
Rookie

My System Specs

Default Motherboard dead, solutions?

Hey all,

I'm having an issue with my motherboard and although I'm almost sure that it's dead, I just wanted to see if any of you folks would potentially have any solutions/advice for me.

Quick Backstory:
Specs: C2D e6400 @ 3.2 (400x8) on a GA-965P-DS3 rev 3.3 mobo w/ 4 gigs of ram, hd3870, antec 900. Been running this setup for 2+ years now.

Turned off my comp, went out, came on, turned it on and it won't boot. No picture, no beeps, nothing. All the components and fans are on however, except for my keyboard which doesn't light up (Razer Tarantula).

Tested my CPU and RAM on a friend's computer and they both work. Tried resetting my CMOS and still no go.

Before I go replacing the motherboard I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions to revive my motherboard or throw out a guess as to what happened.

Additionally:
a) Suggestions for a new motherboard are welcome or if anyone has one for sale (I was thinking about picking up a used EP45-DQ6 for ~$120 online)
b) I was using Windows 7, and from what I understand I'd have to reinstall the OS if I replaced my motherboard. Are there any workarounds on that yet?

Thank you all for reading.

UPDATE:

Replaced my motherboard, video card, and now power supply. I'm really stumped as to what could be wrong here.

Would the system refuse to POST if the hard drive is dead?
I picked up the motherboard on the BST forum here, think it might be DOA?

Last edited by fenix629; February 1, 2010 at 05:21 PM.