View Single Post
Old December 30, 2009, 04:51 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Default Screen randomly flickers black

This has been getting really annoying as of lately. I upgraded to the Samsung 2343BWX and when playing COD:MW2 I've been having my screen randomly go black. It happens as well when I'm on my desktop, but I've only seen it happen once or twice. It happens in game almost every time I play, and it's as if the monitor stops getting a signal for a second.
My refresh rate and resolution are both set properly (60Hz and 2048x1152) and I'm very sure that my video card is not an issue of it not being able to handle the game. That leaves me with either the cable being the issue, or drivers. I'm using the 25 foot, 24+1 pin DVI cable from NCIX, nGear branded. I recall people saying it was not able to fully support 2560x1600, but I'm only at 2048x1152. It worked flawlessly when on my 2053BW, which is at 1680x1050. So, that's what I'm leaning towards, but I have no other DVI cable to test with. (My monitor only came with a VGA cable) As for drivers, I've only been using this monitor since the 26th and haven't touched the drivers since the switch between monitors. The random black screen has only started popping up a day or two ago though. I am soooooo lost.

As always, suggestions and help is greatly appreciated. It sucks trying to defend a flag with a blank screen
Code:
<martin_metal_88> I think I am gonna sell my server
<firebane> i will offer pereniums mom
<firebane> slightly used
<Keltron> slightly is an understatement
<LPfan4ever> Who're you kidding...slightly?
<martin_metal_88> peri's mom, slightly used? lol...