View Single Post
Old December 19, 2009, 10:56 PM
Banned
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soultribunal View Post
You are right about this platform the other OCZ's I had (modxtreme etc,...) went through enough RMA's to warrent my replacing them.
The ModXStream line uses different platforms. The 400W model is a CWT DSA and the other ones are made by Sirfa. FSP makes the StealthXStream (except for the 400W model which is also a DSA) and GameXStream lines for OCZ.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdrom17 View Post
I know, but for a fairly low-power PC where I'd more just want something efficient and cheap.

Seems like all the high-efficiency PSUs are high-wattage which isn't what I'm really looking for. A 400W would suffice.
For such a low-wattage PSU, you don't even need high efficiency. Power losses will be extremely small anyway. But if you want something better, Seasonic upgraded their budget line to 80Plus Bronze, so just grab one of those instead. They're a hell of a lot better than any FSP-built OCZ PSUs, that's for sure.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdrom17 View Post
And as much as some hate OCZ, my GameXStream 600W has been running strong and 24/7 in my server. Server is perfectly stable.
You're pushing what, maybe 100-200W load at most on that machine? (just a guess based on typical home server power consumption) The Epsilon platform used by that OCZ PSU doesn't have major problems until upwards of 500W load. It's fine at lower loads, but my philosophy is why buy a PSU that doesn't perform well at higher loads within its rating when you can instead buy one that does?

Last edited by Zero82z; December 19, 2009 at 11:03 PM.