View Single Post
Old December 18, 2009, 10:59 PM
Rookie

Default modding of an aging PC case

Hi to everyone,

Not new to HardwareCanucks but new to the forum. Some time ago I performed a bunch of mods on an old PC case of mine that I wasn't ready to retire. The reason being that I was updating all the hardware, including the watercooling components and that left little in my budget for an expensive enclosure. I also wanted to get my hands a bit dirtier so I went ahead and did these mods to try to improve on the case's short comings.

Being pretty satisfied with the fruits of my labor I thought I'd share it with other fellow modders or PC enthusiasts like yourselves. So I put together a series of videos documenting those very mods. I unfortunately didn't have a camera at the time of doing the mods but to compensate I created some flash animations, before and after shots and some "re-enactments" throughout.

By no means are these mods nor the quality of the videos in the same league as let's say MNPCtech but I still thought they could provide insight for the less seasoned modder out there. This is also my first jab at making how-to videos and I have plans to make more and film as I'm doing them.

Anyway enough rambling. Here's the links:

video1
video2
video3
video4

So far I have 4 and there are 2 more in the works. The mods range from installing a 250mm fan to a side panel to re-locating the hard drive cage to make room for a water pump and more.

Feel free to post comments or questions. Thanks.

p.s.: Sorry for double thread, not intentional.

Last edited by casualmodder; December 18, 2009 at 11:25 PM.