Thread: 2 pumps ?
View Single Post
Old December 12, 2007, 05:43 PM
MVP

My System Specs

I really suggest that you do not use 2 pumps. I guarantee 2 pumps will work, however there is reason for concern. If you have 2 pumps on a small circuit such as a cooling system for your PC, you could find your pumps working to hard. A little hard to explain, I studied this in college. 2 pumps will be beneficial in the proper application, say a really large circuit or a small circuit with under powered pumps. A Pc cooling application with 2 pumps just is not practical. Mind you I will admit there can be situations that it be necessary, just not this one.

I am currently on a build right now. I'm the guy doing the MDF build in the worklog.
My circuit is currently doing this. RES-PUMP-CPU-RAD1-GPU-RAD2-RES
Now take into account that RAD1 is a car 8inx9in automotive radiator and RAD2 is an Heatercore from a 1981 Volvo 240.
Sounds like a lot for one pump eh... well get this.. I run all this with the DangerDen Mag2 pump. Yea that tiny thing does wonders.

Now if I can run a system like that with one of the smallest pumps (power and size) out there then you have nothing to worry about.

As for a pump suggestion... Naturally I would say look into the DangerDen Mag2, it's cheap, very small, very quiet, WORKS.
If not... then Go for any of the swifttech pumps.

Hope this is helpful.