Thread: Vertex SSD ??
View Single Post
Old December 8, 2009, 01:09 PM
Allstar

My System Specs

Yep, changing/flashing the firmware is pretty easy unless the FW version on it is very old, then it becomes a hassle. You cannot flash the firmware from really old version to the newest version, instead you will have to do it sequentially using DIFFERENT flashing methods (depending on how far back the firmware is). Some require a jumper and some don't and some required a boot disk and others don't. The newest version is available on a bootable iso but there is also a method of making a bootable USB drive with all the latest firmwares so you can switch between them. Also, some of the firmwares show up in the bios and some only show up in either the flashing tool or Windows.

These are just all issues I have run across and do not reflex everybodies experience.

Tony trim has been discussed in other SSD manufactures forums so you may want to read what other SSD people are saying but I think it will work on your Falcon SSDs but don't come crying to me if it doesn't work. Please read up more on it before attempting anything.
GAMER: Win7 Pro x64, I7 3770 (stock) (CM 212+), Asus P8Z77-V Pro, Gigabyte 7970 OC Ghz Edition 3 GB, Corsair Vengeance LP 4 x 4GB DDR3 1600Mhz, Crucial M4 120 GB + 256GB, Intel X25-M 160GB, 1TB WD Blk, BRD, HX750W, Auz X-Fi Prelude, & Fractal Design Arc MIDI R2

Lenovo Ideapad Y510p: i7-4700MQ 2.4GHz (undervolted by 80mV), 16GB DDR3L-1866MHz, Intel GMA 4600HD / SLI'ed Nvidia Geforce GT 755M 2GB GDDR5, 240 GB Crucial SSD, 128GB M.2 SSD, 15.6" HD+ Glossy LED