View Single Post
Old December 6, 2009, 05:07 PM
Folding Captain

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by SugarJ View Post
I hate to ask, but you did check that your GTX285's are Rev 1? Because the blocks you have listed are Rev 1. The easiest way to check on EVGA's is that the part number has a 1280 number for Rev 1, and 1180 for Rev 2.
Yup. I did wonder about this, and Kruzn mentioned this as well. I had some difficulty finding the info, so I submitted an Evga help ticket. Here was my question and the reply I got:

Question
Quote:
I have "01G-P3-1281-AR", and a "01G-P3-1285-AR" model GTX 285s (both registered under my profile). I was interested in watercooling them, and was wondering what revision PCB these were (as I understand nVidia changed the PCB revisions). Thanks!
Answer
Quote:
Answered By Ryan M (11/26/2009 12:18:09 AM): there are EVGA HydroCopper blocks available for those cards. You could find more information available here: EVGA | Products As for the Board revision number, based on those part numbers they should be the first revision. Please let us know if you have further questions. Thanks EVGA Support
So I think I have the right blocks. Your info helps confirm this (the best way would have been the method kruzn preferred, which would have been visual confirmation of the actual PCBs...hopefully I don't regret my decision to be lazy and rely on the Evga support ticket).
Fold for team #54196