View Single Post
Old November 28, 2009, 11:18 PM
Allstar
F@H

I have been searching for such things, the problem was finding them in the size required, NCIX doesn't have any, Performance-PC doesn't, Petra's Tech Shop doesn't, only just found out about your site but you also don't, after a bit of hunting I've finally found a site that has them, that being FrozenCPU.

Now, maybe I worded my first post incorrectly, but part of this is asking for opinions and idea's not just where to find things. I've been out of the loop (no pun intended) for quite some while, and I honestly want people with more knowledge then I to throw out idea's and what not. Is idea A better then idea B or would you recommend C and so on.

Anywho, I thought about using red tubing but I don't intend to actually use UV's, after playing with them in my last build I find them to be, for the most part, against my tastes. Mind you I've seen some damn good builds using UV, but for the most part I don't like them. Dunno, maybe it's just because I find the purple glow that they give off unsatisfying and instead of adding to the build it removes from it.

Quote:
I wouldn't recommend food coloring as I believe they use sugars and other crap that probably won't do your loop any good.
I was afraid of that, I've heard many different opinions on this though so I'm really unsure what to follow. Some people say as long as you flush your loop every 6 months you have no problem, others are completely against it. It's a shame though, it can give off really good colors.

Might actually just go with clear water instead of colored, depending on how dark of a red I can find. They both can look extremely nice in the right environment.

Last edited by llama_egg; November 28, 2009 at 11:51 PM.