View Single Post
Old November 28, 2009, 12:19 PM
Allstar
F@H

Default Re-doing loop, suggestions?

So, after having to take my loop apart quite some while ago I couldn't be bothered to set it back up, and now that I'm finally biting the bullet and grabbing a Corsair Obsidian 800D (God is that one sexy case) I intend to slowly (partly) rebuild my water cooling loop.

I'm still going to keep my MCR320 Rad, D-Tek Fuzion CPU block (though temptation to grab Heatkiller 3.0 is very high) possibly my MCP655 pump and unless I have extra cash to burn, the waterblock that defaults on the Gigabyte EX58-EXTREME. Everything else will be shiny and new!

For a reservoir I'm going to grab a Frozen.Q T-Virus, sadly I have a feeling that this is going to be a while before I get, so it does give me time to set money aside for parts. It's a damn sexy reservoir and hopefully he ships it through USPS and I won't get dinged extra charges at the door. Sadly I can't ask because they still haven't approved my forum account so I can't post yet.

Tubing is a toss-up. I say this because it depends if I change cooler on my mobo, as if I keep it I'm stuck with 3/8in tubing which seems like a bit odd sizing of tube compared to 1/2 which was what I was going originally going for. As for color wise, I'm going with black/clear, alternating, I'm guessing either Primochill or Feser. I'm thinking liquid wise I'll be using distilled water with an additives to prevent evil things from growing (any idea what to use?), also I'm thinking about using red food coloring to get a nice deep red as I heard it won't damage anything. This will get the loop to alternate from black/dark red.

I want to go with Bitpower compression fittings, which looks to be no problem, but what does look to cause some trouble is finding 45 degree fittings that will fit 3/8in. I can't even seem to be able to stumble across any even in the States, so this has been bugging me to no end.

A GPU block will wait till whenever I buy a new card, I just don't see a point on using on my 4890.

The last problem is the pump. I would like to continue using my old one but I believe it's too tall to fit in the bottom of the case. This means I might have to buy a smaller form-factor pump and honestly, I have no idea what to look at.

Last but not least is a T-fitting which will be near the bottom of the case, mostly to make an easy drain port.

Any helpful suggestions where to look/what to use? I'll give you a cookie, well, I would mail you one but I think that might be frowned upon.

Edit; As I mentioned I'm mighty tempted to buy a Heatkiller 3.0 CPU block, but they seem hard as hell too find (not to mention pricey), is it really worth the premium and anyone knows a place that actually has them in stock?