View Single Post
Old November 3, 2009, 09:37 AM
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canzara View Post
WoW I love an active board where you don't have to wait 2 weeks to get decent answers :P

Ok, so most are recommending Corsair. I live in Kingston and we have a Canada Computers here. I NEVER order online and generally buy all my stuff there. I bought my 5850 from the BS forum here and insisited I drive 2 hours to pick it up cause I just don't like doing things online..I like to see my product when I buy it and drive home oogling over the pretty box or whatever LOL so knowing this its easy to find out my choices.
I was looking at this: Canada Computers - Power Supplies > Modular Gaming PSUs : Antec TPQ-850 TruePower Quattro 850W Continuous Power Supply.
but was concerned it would be enough power in CF. Just the price seems awesome for a modular. Is there a reason for that?

Same deal with this one: Canada Computers - Power Supplies > Modular Gaming PSUs : Thermaltake TR2 RX-850 850W Power Supply (W0319RU). another great price for a modular. Is thermaltake considered "not good"? I have a 480 watt in my sons computer that I've had for years and its been awesome.
I haven't decided on anything yet, I just want to do my homework and be happy with my purchase. I don't know much about PSU's and risks associated with bad ones. I used that 480 watt mentioned above for years and just recently switched to 1000 watt OCZ, but I don't like it cause of the crappy 80mm fan that can make it sound like a jet after a couple hours of hardcore usage.
I have no problem with Thermaltake's Higher end stuff, they generally use Enhance as an OEM for their PSU's and ENhance is very good quality stuff generally speaking.
Antec I suggested too, although I have never had experience with the Quattro.

Either of those choices there would be fine. Again Corsair too if you wanted.

ST

"We know not why he calls for us, only that when he does we must answer" - DMP 2009

"Dear Iceberg, I am sorry to hear about global warming. Karma is a bitch. Signed - Titanic"

I would rather believe and find god doesn't exist than to not believe and find that he does.

www.realhardwarereviews.com