View Single Post
Old October 23, 2009, 07:43 AM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Originally Posted by Sushi Warrior View Post
Folding contests require money to have good chances too, although a draw is nice it really sucks when you don't have like a folding farm.
I would think that since ruffus wants this to be more of a "anybody can win" kind of contest, that it would simply be a "if you submit at least X WUs in this time period you are automatically entered" kinda thing.

I liked the idea of the last one - including WUs from before the contest for an extra draw ticket, to reward people who are honest-to-goodness HWC folders rather than just scumbags like me. So maybe make it like fold at least 1 WU during the contest, get one entry. If you folded at least 1 WU in the week before the contest, you get an additional entry. That way, even folks on a lowly uniproc client can have as much of a chance to win as the power folders.

And that's a good thing for HWC folding, because if you take a guy who only folds with his Sempron and give him a phase change unit - chances are that guy is gonna want to make some upgrades - which would likely mean more team PPD.
Think you can overclock? Then show us what you got!
Join the Hardware Canucks Overclocking team today!

Follow my benching, folding, mining and miscellaneous shenanigans @dt_oc