CM 690 - AM3 955 Build
View Single Post
October 22, 2009, 08:54 PM
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: St. Catharines, ON
My System Specs
Installed Windows 7 64-bit without a single problem which is always nice. Someone above asked about temps, so here's a quick statement without pics atm. Currently, the system is stock CPU, RAM and GPU with the fans running as pictured on the first page.
- SpeedFan 4.39 reports 24C and CoreTemp 0.99.5 reports 24C as well
- Running full instance of Prime95 64bit - SpeedFan reports 42.5C and CoreTemp reports 42C
(Everest Trial reported 23C for Idle and 42 for load as well)
- CCC reports 34C and GPU Caps v1.7.0 reports 32C *the CCC number is 6C lower than before I pulled the 5850 appart and applied the MX-2 Thermal Compound*
- running GPU Caps Fur for 1 hour, CCC reports 77C and GPU Caps reports 76C *edit- fan is on auto and does not spin up above 33%*
- SpeedFan reports 22C and Bios *after a quick reboot* reports 21C
So, those are my starting points for my potential overclocking efforts. I feel these numbers are really really quite nice and if the software tools are accurate, then I am in a good spot to start pushing the CPU and GPU to some better numbers.
Once I get a few more tools and software programmes installed, I will see where I can go and post up pics to validate my numbers.
Se moquer de la philosophie, c'est vraiment philosopher.
Last edited by Surfer_2099; October 22, 2009 at
. Reason: added comment to GPU Load
My System Specs
AMD Phenom II 955 (stock speed)
Corsair XMS3 1333Mhz 8Gb (4x2Gb)
Gigabyte Radeon r9 380
Western Digital 640Gb Caviar Black
CoolerMaster CM690 (Modified Airflow)
Onboard Realtek HD Audio
LG DvD & Samsung CD-RW
Samsung 22'' (1680 x 1050)
Windows 10 64-bit
View Public Profile
Send a private message to Surfer_2099
Find all posts by Surfer_2099