CM 690 - AM3 955 Build
View Single Post
October 22, 2009, 09:54 PM
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: St. Catharines, ON
My System Specs
Installed Windows 7 64-bit without a single problem which is always nice. Someone above asked about temps, so here's a quick statement without pics atm. Currently, the system is stock CPU, RAM and GPU with the fans running as pictured on the first page.
- SpeedFan 4.39 reports 24C and CoreTemp 0.99.5 reports 24C as well
- Running full instance of Prime95 64bit - SpeedFan reports 42.5C and CoreTemp reports 42C
(Everest Trial reported 23C for Idle and 42 for load as well)
- CCC reports 34C and GPU Caps v1.7.0 reports 32C *the CCC number is 6C lower than before I pulled the 5850 appart and applied the MX-2 Thermal Compound*
- running GPU Caps Fur for 1 hour, CCC reports 77C and GPU Caps reports 76C *edit- fan is on auto and does not spin up above 33%*
- SpeedFan reports 22C and Bios *after a quick reboot* reports 21C
So, those are my starting points for my potential overclocking efforts. I feel these numbers are really really quite nice and if the software tools are accurate, then I am in a good spot to start pushing the CPU and GPU to some better numbers.
Once I get a few more tools and software programmes installed, I will see where I can go and post up pics to validate my numbers.
Se moquer de la philosophie, c'est vraiment philosopher.
Last edited by Surfer_2099; October 22, 2009 at
. Reason: added comment to GPU Load
My System Specs
AMD Phenom II 955 @ 3.807 Mhz
Corsair XMS3 1333Mhz 8Gb (4x2Gb)
Gigabyte Radeon HD 5850 (850 / 1150)
Western Digital 640Gb Caviar Black
CoolerMaster CM690 (Modified Airflow)
Onboard Realtek HD Audio
LG DvD & Samsung CD-RW
Samsung 22'' (1680 x 1050)
Windows 7 Home Premium
View Public Profile
Send a private message to Surfer_2099
Find all posts by Surfer_2099