Thread: Racing Games
View Single Post
Old November 25, 2007, 06:42 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Racer is not anywhere near as advanced as LFS.. Mostly because Racer and all of it's ports (windows, Linux and Mac OS X) are being made by one person. You will pretty much need a wheel too as keyboard controls are a pita and mouse is not much better.
I still love Racer though due to it's openness and the fact that it has street cars. I am so sick of being expected to use either high-end &expensive or riced cars or F1, indy and nascar stuff. I really like to race with regular everyday cars.
One of my favourites is a 1968 Plymouth Barracuda that was done by "Ryan T". Screw the Hemi, a regular 340cid V8 works just fine. Actually, I have been looking for a 1991-1993 Honda Civic (not riced) but cannot seem to find any, the one that I did find is a huge FPS killer and riced enough to eat.(because you eat rice and this car it full of it.)
I have been working on converting a Civic from another game for personal use only but with my best PC not set up that Civic conversion and the 1970 Dodge Challenger I was making from scratch have been put on hold.