View Single Post
Old October 20, 2009, 11:32 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

lol ya Cowboy I think you misunderstood the dedicated server part. IW doesn't host the dedicated servers, you could set it up to run at your house on your computer, at your friends house or whatever. Most clans will rent servers for their players, and with those servers you can setup whatever kind of options you want in the game like custom maps, and other mods. cdn_Madrach said it nicely and you've probably already read his post so ya. It wouldn't be as big of a deal as it is if all it was was that IW wasn't hosting their own servers. One thing that is incorrect though is that people are thinking that it will be like CoD4 on console now, like when the host left the game, the game ended for everyone - well now when host leaves it just pauses for a minute, selects new host and then continues. I was actually gonna pick this game up for PC this time since I've got CoD4 for PS3 and CoD5 for 360, but now? There's no difference anymore! It seems IW has always wanted to be making console games though: "With Call of Duty 2, we were dead set against it being World War II," Zampella said. "But Activision really wanted it, the compromise sort of being that we'd get some dev kits for consoles in exchange for doing a World War II game. We always wanted to be on consoles and Activision saw us as more of a PC developer."

'Activision did not want Modern Warfare' - Infinity Ward - PC News at GameSpot

Last edited by headsh0t; October 20, 2009 at 11:42 PM.