Thread: Aquacomputer
View Single Post
Old October 8, 2009, 08:04 AM
Allstar
F@H

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sushi Warrior View Post
That water meter sensor could also tell if you had a serious leak!

And Aquacomputer isn't a great waterblock company necessarily but they make great acessories. German engineering too....
The sparks and magic blue smoke can also warn you about a leak! And we know the Germans make good stuff.

I don't really like having software to control my fan speed. I got into watercooling to have the ultimate performance, so I can easily just set my fan speed higher with a fan controller when I am under load. Also, what happen if you decide to run Linux or Mac OSX on your PC? The screenshots all appear to be under XP, so its quite likely they don't work with anything besides Windows. The water level sensor also seems a little useless to me. If you are going out for a few hours, the level wont drop significantly enough to really matter. And if you are leaving for an extended period of time, you could easily top off the reservoir (and if you have any pets/plants, someone is likely feeding/watering them and they could simply turn off the computer if it goes alarmingly low). And personally, I don't like the look of any of the Aquacomputer waterblocks, so there is no way I'd spend a fair amount and have to wait a while unless the performance difference was extremely large, which it isn't.

I'm not trying to be mean or anything. People who want an extremely quiet system will definitely benefit from some of these tools, but as a Canadian who doesn't mind some fan noise (thanks to awesome headphones) I find them all useless.