View Single Post
Old October 5, 2009, 08:02 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Quote:
Those vid cards probably won't be any trouble in the first 2 slots, they should be designed to handle it.
That is correct..they're fine in the top two slots (I had my 280's in the top two just to test the x16 / x16 vs x16/x8 Bandwidth speeds..they are fine...but the GPU's do get hot when running 2 or 3 of em...therefore I preferred the space between...be sure that you get a "good Case with optimal air flow" if your planning multi GPU's as well as a good beefy (not cheap) Power Supply.

Check the Storage Thread...lots on info thier on SSD's....preference seems to be either Intel or OCZ
These are the 2 I'm presently eyeing up for my Primary Rig
NCIX.com - Buy Intel X25-M 80GB 34NM Postville 2.5IN SSD SATA Solid State Disk Flash Drive - SSDSA2MH080G2C1 In Canada.
or
NCIX.com - Buy OCZ Vertex 120GB 2.5IN SATA2 Solid State Disk Flash Drive SSD - OCZSSD2-1VTX120G In Canada.

Although 80 GB is "enough" for OS etc...I planned my Raptor 74 GB for OS only and its almost full in 8 months...bunch of stuff that simply was installed thier over the course (even though my games are al on my 640 GB Black).....with that said I'm leaning towards the Vertex 120GB...but you never know..I'm very close to purchasing one of em...