View Single Post
Old October 4, 2009, 09:59 PM
Rookie

Default Suggestions for i7 920 build

I want to build a i7 920 rig for general purpose and a little gaming. This will be my first build and I'm not that computer literate so I need a little help picking out a few things.I am going to use the Coolermaster Storm Scout case and a small ssd for the OS. I have a 500 gig Caviar black for the rest of the storage. I need some suggestions on the MB. EVGA and ASUS are the 2 I'm leaning towards but can't decide which one to go with. I own a BFG 260 Maxcore and in the future I might want to go SLI. I will also need at least 1 pci slot and preferably 2 that I can get at after the second card is added. After that I'm getting a little confused with PCI express, 2.0 ,X16 ,X8. If I get a board with only 1 X16 slot will it be affected by the other card in the X8 slot in SLI? Built in ethernet? For now I will be running stock settings but will do a mild overclock in the future. I have 32 bit XP now but will be going 64 bit W7 as soon as it is released. I will be air cooling. I'm looking for the most bang for the buck and sometimes the specs I'm reading aren't as clear to me as they are to you guys. Any Ideas.
NCIX.com - Buy Coolermaster Storm Scout Black ATX Tower Case 5X5.25 5X3.5INT 120MM & 140MM Red LED Fan No PSU - SGC-2000-KKN1-GP In Canada.