View Single Post
Old September 22, 2009, 10:55 PM
Allstar
F@H

I don't think I'd be able to get by with 64GB as I'd need 20GB for Windows and my Steam folder is ~40GB, which is definitely less than everything I'd plan on installing. Besides the price, part of the reason I'm leaning towards the HDDs is for gaming, which is primarily seems to be loading a large amount of content at one time, the higher bandwidth would give a more noticeable improvement for a gaming PC. At least 50% of the time I am actually on my PC I am playing games (~70h of Steam games in the past two weeks) so the gaming performance is what is most important for me. And I also haven't actually experienced the extremely low access times of SSDs so the 10ms access time is pretty much what I am used to with my 640GB Black drive that I currently have.

I just have a hard time justifying spending an extra $200 for better access times, a bit more security for my data and more IO per second. If someone could explain where exactly the better access times and IO per seconds would be noticed, besides just a "snappier" feeling I'd be more likely to be converted to the darkside!