View Single Post
Old September 15, 2009, 09:34 AM

My System Specs

Default Stream to a .... what?

Hi all, just wondering what your suggestions would be for an all-in-one media streamer box (to receive a stream from a PC) that could work in the same way my PS3 Media Server + PS3 do? A friend of mine would like to find a cheap solution to watch movies/tv/anime (divx/xvid and mkv, possibly some high-def stuff) which are being streamed from his PC (decent-enough 775 system). Any suggestions?
I've only ever used my PS3 to do this but he doesn't want something "power-hungry" like that. Admittedly, his AV cabinet has almost no air, so a console would just get too hot in there.

Im looking at something like this: - Buy Western Digital WD TV WDTV HD Media Player HDMI USB 2.0 Composite A/V SPDIF Out MKV H.264 Xvid - WDAVN00BN In Canada.
BUT I dont know which program could stream to it, DivX Connected possibly? TVersity (bleh, never liked it)? A PS3 Media Server alternate perhaps? Thanks for you ideas guys.

Nevermind the WDTV... looks like it can only play local content... nothing over the network AFAIK.
"Backed by common sense and physics!" -Squeetard
Opteron Server for Sale!